British Council
4,2 étoile(s) sur 5.
Recevez de nouvelles offres d'emploi et de nouveaux avis chaque semaine !

Avis des employés pour British Council

PertinenceNoteDate
Voir les 862 avis

Très bon

Avis à la une

L'avis le plus utile, sélectionné par Indeed
Les cours et l'ambiance est vraiment bien. Les professeurs aussi sont très bien.

Apprentissage garanti.

Nombre d'heure de cours -

Good work environment

Good work environment, great staff, teamwork/collaborative environment. Work life balance is encouraged and is fine. Good leadership team. Great policies that promote a good internal control environment. Remote working is possible. Roles that support more than one country improve knowledge and expertise.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Productive and work life balance

Productive work life balance good culture food working environment.blanced work.It department is limited.msonly finance department and other departments is there.

Work life balance

Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Too many products being handled in business development

Management in English and exams lacks strategic direction and focusSpecifically in English and exams, I will weed out products that does not offer strategic value and will not spend time selling it. In addition, there is too much collaboration with marketing which eats up the time of other units, maybe because marketing lacks manpower.

Brand

Points négatifs

Too many products to sell, lacks focus
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Great for newly qualified teachers

A great place for newly qualified teachers. Loads of professional development opportunities. Supportive colleagues and mostly amazing students. Salaries are low compared to the market. The workload can be too much sometimes.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Notez une entreprise où vous avez travaillé récemment

Partagez votre expérience pour aider d'autres utilisateurs.

A very pleasant work environment.

I worked for the British council in Riyadh. It was so relaxed and the staff were all very friendly. There weren’t too many full time contracts at the time so the staff who had full time contracts were covetous of their positions. I was happy to be a part time employee there because I was working in media; radio, tv and journalism for another company and so ESL teaching was a side gig to supplement my income. Altogether it was a clean, calm and friendly environment to work in and I enjoyed it. The British council was located at the Minahil Centre so that was also a plus point as there were really lovely boutique shops and cafe/ restaurant/ hair dresser and tennis courts. Lovely experience.!

Points positifs

Nice atmosphere and nice people.

Points négatifs

*It was quite a distance to travel

Enriching workplace

The best place to start your career as a teacher!You will be provided with all the support you need to succeed as a teacher. The engaging methodology makes it fun for the students and the teacher.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

It was very fantastic and interested for me

My review is that work with British council is a honor and during this years that I work i learned more things and it was as a college for me because they had more programs of capacity building for their staff and it was very nice

Points positifs

Everything was ready and good

Points négatifs

Everything was good and excellent
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Excelente para un futuro laboral

Considero que es un gran primer trabajo y que con el tendrás mucha experiencia para un siguiente trabajo.

Competitive and Fun

- Competitive - Fast-paced- Benefit provided- Team work- Life-work balance- Considers feedback and opinions- Proper training- Job-scope focuses on the position

language assistant

Enjoyable, it is what you make of it. Your experience really depends on your school and location British Council have little input on your experience.

see and experience Spain

low pay

Well-reputed international organization

British council is organization specializing in international cultural and educational opportunities.I worked here as a freelancer along with my job so,I got a chance to improve my knowledge and increase my learning abilities.I understood and apply detailed written instructions,while maintaining accuracy and attention to details.I was able to maintain confidentiality.I also learnt to concentrate and work quickly under pressure for several hours at a time and used initiative in response to unexpected situations.It was easy job to do,with comprehensive guidance,decent environment with utmost care and pay rate is good.My colleagues were helping and friendly.Flexible timings and Supervisors are extremely helpful in Pakistan.

Ambiente lavorativo sano

Il British Council ha una buona etica e cultura aziendale, c'è molta collaborazione e rispetto tra i colleghi ma anche nei confronti dei clienti. Più attenzione alla qualità rispetto che alla vendita a tutti i costi.

Entertaining and fun workplace

It is an awesome organisation to work for and the work environment is great, but you do need to be a bit strict rarely in case a coworker doesn't understand concepts like personal space or being quiet. Other than than, for freelancers (invigilators) like me, they pay at the end of each month a satisfying amount for your location.Would recommend to anyone who wants an extra source of income and especially to university students who need some time to study too.

Flexible work, 2 week notice before every time you have to work

bring your own food

The students are great

There can be a lot of power play within management, which becomes a headache if you don't play the game. Management also very rarely teach, which doesn't help in managing teachers.

Flexible and comfortable workplace

I have received support and cooperation from the management and staff, flexibility at work, and learned punctuality and teamwork. The locations of duties are not far from my residence, so it's convenient to work. 👏

Good for English Teachers

I enjoyed my time at BC. There is always Great support from management and plenty of teaching resources. I would definitely recommend this company. Enjoy your time.

Compensation and Support

Points négatifs

Not really a con, but a lot of training sessions

Productive, Diverse, international,

Great place to work in where a diverse team work and cooperte together. Support the work life balance scheme, avail career development and progression

Benefits and compensation

Na

ambiente interessante multiculturale , lavoro normale da ufficio

ambiente interessante multiculturale , lavoro normale da ufficio

Collaborative atmosphere, undervalued teachers

The work culture is generally positive and the majority of people are eager to collaborate on projects and courses. There are lots of resources and opportunities available for professional development.The worst parts of the job are the endless admin and the steady erosion of teachers' benefits and salaries.

Points positifs

Good professional development, collaborative work culture

Points négatifs

Moving towards zero hours / part time contracts for teachers
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Bien pagado, pero contratos de dias

Contratos por días que no cubren ni enfermedad ni vacaciones.Bien pagado por hora, aunque existe inestabilidad de número de horas de trabajo de mes a mes.Es un trabajo temporal bien pagado para compaginar con otras cosas.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Vous souhaitez en savoir plus sur le travail dans cette entreprise ?

Posez une question au sujet du travail chez British Council ou de leurs entretiens d'embauche. Notre communauté est prête à vous répondre.Poser une question

Note globale