Cayman Chemical
3,2 étoile(s) sur 5.
Recevez de nouvelles offres d'emploi et de nouveaux avis chaque semaine !

Avis des employés pour Cayman Chemical - Ann Arbor, MI

Intitulé du poste
Lieu
Voir les 20 avis
Culture d'entreprise
While there are many opportunities to learn, create/carry new responsibilities, projects, frequent changes in management make goals less then clear. It is a small company and growth is in leaps and bounds with starts and stops.
Culture d'entreprise
This place is a joke. Training was awful, and there is no patience for people trying to learn. They will throw you in the fire, and from there it is sink or swim. Don’t make any mistakes, because you will get yelled at for it, no matter how new you are. Stay as far away from this place as you can.
Benefits. PTO.
Everything else.
Culture d'entreprise
I would not recommend this company based upon my short experience. I received no training and had a hour weekly meeting with the Director of Supply Chain who unfortunately, did not know or care to know the shipping operation. Red flags went off on several occasions, he told me directly he was not a good manager and a pushover in regards to dealing with other departments. The previous two shipping managers who were not successful were still working in the supply chain department, one of which was ousted by the hourly shipping team. I came to the director on several occasions with concerns, but he was not helpful and actually asked me if I thought reporting to the former ousted manger would work! Clueless
Culture d'entreprise
The company is based on great values and everyone is understanding on family and personal life needs and requests. The work life balance is well executed and the CEO has ran the company with the understanding that family comes first.
Culture d'entreprise
Cayman provides the best scientific equipment and technology for use by their scientists and employees alike. They so very kindly provide dual computer monitors and personal bench space to interns, which is awesome!
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?
Notez une entreprise où vous avez travaillé récemment
Partagez votre expérience pour aider d'autres utilisateurs.
Culture d'entreprise
Beginning work here seems like a great and, and often it is. Most of the people eat Cayman are very nice and willing to help whenever you need it. However, once you realize that your pay is quite stagnant and not going to rise in a while, it starts to get to you. I would have given 4 or 5 stars if the pay was acceptable, but it is not.
Great atmosphere, low stress
Low pay
Culture d'entreprise
Answer phone calls, Order Taking for Domestic and International companies. Learned quite a bit of International shipping and paperwork which I loved to do. Management and co-workers were great. Hardest part is trying to pronounce the bio-chemicals names
Culture d'entreprise
Typically have up to five concurrent projects. I am tasked with completing each on time while meeting specific quality standards. I obtain materials and procedures, then complete the given project. Co-workers and managers are friendly. There is no problem with either.
Culture d'entreprise
Management is horrible, if your not in one of the clicks there, or your not one of the supervisors pets you won't get anywhere. Shipping department is absolutely horrible to work in, the supervisor is very shady, and if you don't associate with your co-workers about stuff other than work your not considered to be a team player and they will get rid of you. Shipping department personnel is very unloyal and a bunch of bad stabbers and are out to try and get one step above you. Can't trust anybody in the shipping department. Upper management, especially HR have no clue what their doing. Stay away and look elsewhere. Raises are horrible and bonuses have come to an end.
Points positifs
Work parties, 5 day work week.
Pay increases, Management, scheduling
Culture d'entreprise
Great laid-back atmosphere. Very friendly and overall helpful staff. Management has been poor from the top-level. Departments do not communicate very well with each other leading to numerous issues.
Culture d'entreprise
Cayman is full of great coworkers and has excellent vacation time and an easy-going environment. The problems are in mid management. Support and administrative teams are unhelpful at best. Dealing with the department heads of non-science groups is terrible. (Safety, Purchasing especially, etc). Job security is high however and if you can deal with a higher than average turnover, this place is for you. Everything previously said about the owner/CEO is absolutely true.
Points positifs
Vacation time and laid back environment
Poor mid-management
Culture d'entreprise
Cayman is a great place to work with the exception of the owner. He is rude and disrespectful to women. If it was not for him, everyone would be a lot happier. The rest of the people are great and everyone is willing to work together to problem solve.
Great benefits, casual dress
Culture d'entreprise
A typical day at Cayman as a chemist is routinely synthesizing organic research compounds in the laboratory. I gained a lot more organic chemistry knowledge through employment than I did in school. It's a very relaxed environment - plenty of PTO and holiday time off is available - yet everyone is still very focused and motivated to get work done and increase the company's revenues.
Points positifs
Plenty of time off available and strictly working exactly 40 hours on the dot isn't enforced, relaxed environment.
Points négatifs
Low pay, much lower than most companies.
Culture d'entreprise
Although a company of over 250 employees, Cayman is still treated as the owner's plaything. There is no accountability for executives and management and if you have dreams about advancing your career here, you'll need to make friends with the right group of people. Be prepared to shelve any ideas for improvement that you have and just follow the directives from above to a T. Growth has significantly reduced in the last two years and bonuses/raises are practically non-existent. It can be a good place to work - if you're in the right group with the right manager. Make sure to judge the happiness of people you're interviewing with if you pursue a job here.
Culture d'entreprise
Laid back fun and comfortable, but unless you have a science backround advancements wont happen. I worked there for six years. Back when I hired it was awesome. But the company was sued and they couldn't keep an HR staff for more than a year (or less) at a time.The favoritism here was at every level from upper management to bottom of the "food chain" I was let go after 6 years thinking it was because I was inadequate at my job. As it turns out it was to make room for an old flame! If I could do it all over again I would of stayed in job of hire and not move. But I also would have had to be a suck up to Atilla, who you could tell what kind of day you were gonna have on how her hair and makeup looked. Dressed up and done up equals good day. Hair in a ponytail and little or no makeup.....look out!
Pto, After work gathering, 5 day work week
Structure, Favoritism, Pay
Culture d'entreprise
Cayman chemical is small enough company that you can get to know all your co-workers. All top level persons are easily approachable .
Points positifs
Easy to work, vacation time
insurance benefits
Culture d'entreprise
Cayman is a great place to work and is growing rapidly. However with this growth comes pain, and areas such as flow charts, manpower, and compensation become skewed or neglected. I have learned a lot at Cayman. My knowledge of chemistry when I began working here dated back to a single high school class. I now know more about chemistry than I thought I ever would. The co-workers are great, and a lot of people are involved in work leagues such as softball, bowling, and fantasy football just to name a few. The atmosphere here is similar to a college campus. There is virtually no dress code and it's not uncommon to see a group discussion in the lunch room or parking lot. Overall it is a great place to work. Especially for those just entering the workforce.
Pto, Laid Back Vibe, Health Benefits
Points négatifs
Lack of structure/room for advancement
Culture d'entreprise
Prepared reaction routes for products using Scifinder searches and experience with synthesis. Synthesized products from prepared routes. Modified routes that didn't work. Characterized and purified intermediates and final products.
Culture d'entreprise
This is a great company to work for. Enjoyable and educational environment to work in.
Culture d'entreprise
There At-Will status always imparted a feeling of job insecurity.
decent benefits