Covad Communications

PertinenceNoteDate
Voir les 29 avis

Temporary employment

Avis à la une

L'avis le plus utile, sélectionné par Indeed
It's been over 10 years since being employed here and I was only employed temporarily on a contract until I was no longer needed at the company. I gained other employment.

Place of opportunity to learn Broadband Technology

A typical day at work starts with opening my laptop and review scheduled appointments. Then there is an 8 am conference call to discuss daily team plans. Complete scheduled appointments and return home. I learned everything about installing, maintaining, and repairing broadband routers , switches, and dslams. I learned to configure various dsl, fiber, and cable router and lan switches. Working culture is to do your part. I loved to meet new people and do news thing. There is no hardest part.

Company van

No breaks
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Covad is a great place to work and you are able to thrive. I was able able to work in the customer service department as admin and got to learn new skills. They also provide excellent training.

Great Training

layoffs

Confidential

Fast paced organization with huge focus on training and cross training. Good relations with management and departments. Team environment and advancement.

No Vision of Growth

The company was not interested in growth, sustainability, and change. I loved the work I did, but the Management team did not remove the obstacles my department faced.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Notez une entreprise où vous avez travaillé récemment

Partagez votre expérience pour aider d'autres utilisateurs.

Great place to work...

Great place to work, unfortunately, absorbed by much larger company without the same principles and Covad is no longer in existence. Opportunities for advancement, benefits, co-workers and management were all exceptional.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

The company was productive but lacked in innovations

It was fun work at the company. We were the first to bring high speed internet to the Atlanta area. In the beginning our work days were long and sometimes stressful but as the years passed, work became less and a lot of jobs were lost. The job was not hard for me because I had a lot of previous experience. As years went on Covad merged with MegaPath and took the MegaPath name. It became tough for the company to compete with other providers who offered better technology and so eventually MegaPath didn't do well. Global Capacity stepped in bought the network and along with the techs. MegaPath stayed a company offering leased services and VoIP.

Points positifs

Nice company to work for with no micro-management

Points négatifs

The company fell behind with technology. There was no true vision for the future.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Great place to start out of college.

I started here out of college and owe much of my knowledge to Covad. It was fast pace, fun, and very educational. Learning to communicate to a variety of customers of different knowledge levels was probably the hardest but most rewarding part of my day.

Points positifs

Willing to let you grow and expand your knowledge level in different departments.

Points négatifs

Time card, short lunches.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

amazing culture, management gave me the tools to succeed. I worked hard, built a amazing team. I would work for this company again with out a doubt.

great culture

Was a great place

Since it no longer exists in the form I found it this review will not be very helpful. Was a great startup type environment. You wanted to be there in the mix and make an impact. VA and CA locations were the BEST. Colorado locations was nice to visit but the people there were cut throat and backstabbers. Management was great but this largely depended on location - CO sucked.

Work and Health Benefits

Points négatifs

Pay and management - depending largely on location

good environment. good management

working environment is great when working at Covad. People are friendly and help each other. Good learning opportunities. Management are positive and understanding.
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Interesting and enjoyable company.

I worked primarily from my home office, but also needed to work from my office at the partner company to maintain a presence there. I also had an office in Santa Clara, CA at headquarters where I worked every few months. I also traveled to the Denver office for projects that would arise. I enjoyed the travel, but mostly the job entailed monitoring order flow and interacting with other departments to improve service order delivery. The most difficult aspect of the job was keeping abreast of the internal management changes of the client as they were undergoing a merger. However, it was enjoyable to interact with so many people in so many places and to witness their high levels of expertise.

Travel, Work at Home

Many conference calls
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

A constant learning experience.

It has been a long time since I left Covad Communications. However, while there, I was able to work at different of tech support, as well as take part in working with the Quality Assurance department. I learned how to deal with vendors, technicians on site as well as the end user. Some days and situations required a lot of patience and a lot of thorough investigation of what the issue was and never did it seem like a waste of time. The hard part of course was dealing with someone who was refusing to cooperate, but it was part of the job. The most enjoyable was that every situation was different and the job was never boring.

Learning.

Points négatifs

The occassional difficult customers.

No complaints

I don't have any complaints from my time at Covad I didn't always have enough to do but that was more because of the market at the time. I met some good people

interesting job

Worked a 3 month contract to hire position. Very hard to keep up with expectations compared to pay. Trainnng difficult & hard to keep up with. Helpful, courteous co-workers.

Great location

Points négatifs

Pay does not equal job requirements

very stressful

very stressful - high paying commission only job - training was fair - competition was strong around this time voip was new - we had been breaking ground with new products

productive

 3.7 years of experience in developing complex Datawarehousing solutions using ETL tool Informatica PowerCenter 8.6 and 9.1 versions.the hardest part of the job is when we got complaints from the cleints

solid company

Typical day was spent submitting install orders and correcting errors from prior installs. people were very nice as far as coworkers. Management was nice as well. Learned about line sharing product and Ethernet product as well as T1s. Hardest part of the job was changing shifts every 30 to 45 days in the call center environment. I enjoyed learning all of the technology. Worked in a group that prepared standard operating procedures for line powered voice and partnered with another company to deliver this to the nation.

Service orienated product

Enjoyable environment that catered towards restoring internet connectivity of products that included DSL, T-1 and VoIP. Company taught responsibility, ownership and troubleshooting in the network connectivity industry.

Constant evolving technology
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

I typically traveled from one co-location to another on a daily basis making sure that the system had enough capacity to facilitate the consumer demand for our services. The toughest part of my job was driving all over the tri-state area all day long. I enjoyed the freedom of making my own schedule and managing my own day to day activities.

Working independently

Being On-Call

Loyal Crew

Many employees were with Covad from the beginning and up until its acquisition by MegaPath - that speaks to its longetivity and the employees' loyalty and willingness to stick with one of the first CLECs to appear on the scene with the Telecommunications Act of 1996.

Discount sodas, decently-priced IT services

Lower-than-average compensation
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Vous souhaitez en savoir plus sur le travail dans cette entreprise ?

Posez une question au sujet du travail chez Covad Communications ou de leurs entretiens d'embauche. Notre communauté est prête à vous répondre.Poser une question

Note globale