Logo Domino's
Domino's
3,5 étoile(s) sur 5.
Recevez de nouvelles offres d'emploi et de nouveaux avis chaque semaine !

Avis des employés pour Delivery Driver chez Domino's - Gainesville, FL

Trier par

PertinenceNoteDate
19 avis correspondant à votre rechercheVoir les 27 840 avis
Culture d'entreprise

Not terrible but could be better

Avis à la une

L'avis le plus utile, sélectionné par Indeed
It's not terrible. My only real complaint is district management. They don't listen to employee concerns. It does put a lot of wear on your car. There are hours available and okay money to be made if you work hard. It's pretty easy to get noticed for promotion because of how high the turnover rate it

Tips and schedule flexibility

I hated working here.

I worked for Domino’s Gainesville Region for a year as a delivery driver. When I say management was terrible, that’s the bare minimum. For example: we asked many times for upper management to fix things throughout the store for the whole year that I worked there. Never once did they fix anything. 4 general management replacements. Not one, not two, FOUR in a YEAR. If that doesn’t deter you from working here, there’s also many empty promises that the company offers. They offer growth throughout the company, but they all play favorites and only the favorites can grow throughout the company. You can’t even simply ask to move to other stores because the upper management will quickly say no. When I was out with a well-known sickness at the time, I was promised pay. I was out for 2 1/2 weeks and only got paid for 3 days worth of pay. 3 out of about 16 days! They also don’t compensate their drivers if they make less than minimum wage an hour. There were times when I would only make less than $30 in one night, but only get paid 5 something an hour on the road. Do us all a favor, and never consider working here until the upper management has changed. We also had many many cracked or broken containers that the food came inside. It was fun getting cuts from those dishes after washing it in a VERY SMALL SINK with NO WATER PRESSURE. One upside I did have at these stores is I made good friends out of them, all with shared hatred of this terrible, atrocious, and garbage company.

Points positifs

Lol what pros can I make? Good friends I guess?

Points négatifs

Everything about this company is dog junk, Upper management is bad, work environment is terrible, Small sink, cracked and sharp dishes

Pay is bad

I've been working there for a year and being paid $8.56 being inside and $5.54 while on the road. I am barely able to make rent and car insurance because of the GM. The GM takes hours away for petty stuff like on/off rack and have told me personally that he does not expect the drivers to speed but then told me that he wants the drivers to speed but not get caught.

Not Worth It

This job pays you, as a driver, minimum wage and server pay which, isn't even enough. Not to mention, if you call out, you have to find someone to cover your shift. The managers yell at you and get aggravated as well as be incredibly rude to the customers and think that it's funny. I have never heard so much gossip about other employees before in my life. The managers believe stuff like this is funny. The job is not worth the wear and tear on your car or worth being yelled at for doing one thing wrong at the wrong time. Definitely a pass.

Fun Workplace

Good food and great people. This is the best environment I want to be in. A fast pace less stressful environment. Good pay and job security. I currently am always looking for another job, and I would recommend this job to others. I have had many great days at Domino's.

Good pay

Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Notez une entreprise où vous avez travaillé récemment

Partagez votre expérience pour aider d'autres utilisateurs.

Culture d'entreprise

Stressful, physically demanding job with bad customer base

I learned a lot working here, including customer service, working a phone, and managing a till, but I'm done. The hours are inconsistent, with them changing every week based on sales, how many people they have working, and the worst part - they will keep you working until they can afford to let you go home regardless of what the schedule says. They will also give you a task to do before going home, which will most likely keep you much longer. I usually go home anywhere between 45 minutes to an hour and a half after I was scheduled to leave. If it's slow and there's 3 or more drivers in the store they will make you go home early. There's no way to really predict it, and it's frustrating. They can schedule you for anything from a 3-hour shift to a 10-11 hour one, and you can most likely mentally tack on an hour or two to assume when you'll likely leave. They close at ungodly hours, ranging from midnight at one store to 2 or 3 a.m. at another one. The pay is inconsistent and hard to track; you're paid minimum wage when you're working inside the store, but once you clock out on deliveries you're paid servers wage, which for the uninformed is less than minimum wage and the corporate expects tips to make up for whatever you don't get. The customers in the store I work at generally live in untrustworthy, impoverished neighborhoods, so they tend to be rude, selfish, and cheap, so you can't rely on them to tip you. You're in the very least paid for mileage, and you're handed your tips in cash at the end of your shift, but you aren't guaranteed to make much. Being a driver doesn't -

Fun

It wasn't too bad of a job. This job has it's ups and downs but mostly downs. Depending on the location you can either be always busy or dead slow. One day you can make a lot money and the next nothing.
Culture d'entreprise

Nice second job for extra cash

The management is friendly, honestly the employees could hustle a lot more! My real beef would be that they only reimburse you at $0.28 per mile, which is hardly enough to pay for wear and tear on the car as well as gas mileage. I even switched stores so that I would not have as long deliveries. It is nice to get cash every night.

Points positifs

Nice to get cash every night, management is nice

Points négatifs

Salary is Absolute minimum wage, no raises, when you clock out for a delivery you get paid $3 less/hour, so if you get stiffed on a tip you have lost $3, Also $0.28 per mile is nowhere near adequate vehicle compensation for mileage

Safe Delivery

As a delivery driver, I emphasized safe driving. The task of delivering fresh pizza often came at a challenge with traffic and bad directions. In order to combat these obstacles it was important to focus my attention on being a safe driver.
Culture d'entreprise

Stressful place with high turnover rate

Overall, it was a stressful place with a high turnover rate meaning people kept getting hired and then quitting after a few weeks or even the first day. The management was never up front about how long shifts were. The management also had a bad habit of taking any anger or frustration out on the other employees knowing, they won't get called out on their nonsense. The most enjoyable part were the other delivery drivers. We'd try to have fun even if the management wouldn't always let us.

The other drivers

Points négatifs

Management could be real jerks most of the time

Fast paced and fun

I found working as a delivery driver at Domino's to be a lot of fun. My coworkers were great people to work with and we had fun chatting or seeing who could fold the most pizza boxes in between our deliveries. My manager was wonderful to work for. Some days could be crazy busy with scarcely a moment to pause and other days were more about cleaning the store till it shone than delivering pizza. I wasn't sure I'd like the job at first but by the time I left, I was rather sad to go.
Culture d'entreprise

good for a starter job and extra money

The people I worked with are nice and good to be around. This job helped me when I quit my last job and needed extra cash. Typical work day is; show up to work, get your stuff ready for your shift, then clock in and start working. Dominos does not really have a typical day, because each day is different. You will take orders, handle the ovens, and deliver orders to the customers. Continue to be happy and smile.

good place

great work place and tips for drivers. workers at nice manager is understandable with schedule if you have classes. the process to get hired is long but it depends on how available you are to get the assessments done.
Culture d'entreprise

A good part time job with a good pay.

As a dominos delivery driver the pay compensates for the gas. They pay very well and are respectful towards their workers. They work around your schedule and help you balance work and other activities.

Great opportunity

Domino's was a great place to expand my job experience. I enjoyed helping customers and met a lot of wonderful people. Management was very encouraging and offered a flexible schedule. Employees worked together as a team to meet daily goals and provide excellent customer service. It was at times a challenging place to work due to time constraints, but we provided service that met customer expectations overall.

Points positifs

Good tips, we could eat our mistakes!

Points négatifs

Long hours with short or no breaks

did like it

working at dominos was stressful. the hours were long and you never know what time you would go home. for example, you can go to work at 3;00 pm and not get off until 2;00-3;00 in the morning

tips

Great working enviorment

i loved Dominos it was my first job out of High school taught me how to manage money and i met lots of very cool people that i still talk to even after leaving. Most enjoyable part about the job was being able to drive around town and not be stuck inside all day.

Coworkers, Driving

Wear and tear on Vehicle

Second job

Just started. Positive environment, nice people, more to learn each and every day. Its only good for a second job if you deliver bc theres not much money coming in.
Culture d'entreprise

Nice job for a college student or extra pay

Very good company to work for. Good people, excelent work environment, easy going job.

comfortable work, no stress

Points négatifs

low pay and exsesive wear on vehicle
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Vous souhaitez en savoir plus sur le travail dans cette entreprise ?

Posez une question au sujet du travail chez Domino's ou de leurs entretiens d'embauche. Notre communauté est prête à vous répondre.Poser une question

Note globale