UBS
3,8 étoile(s) sur 5.
Recevez de nouvelles offres d'emploi et de nouveaux avis chaque semaine !

Avis des employés pour UBS

Intitulé du poste
Lieu
Voir les 2 133 avis
Culture d'entreprise
Environnement de travail nous permettant d'acquérir de nouvelles compétence et d'évoluer dans notre situation professionnelle
Culture d'entreprise
Very good workplace. Supportive environment with a great culture where it is easy to feel welcomed and get work done. Would recommend this workplace to anyone
Culture d'entreprise
work/life balance may outweigh all the negatives. Not a place to further your career and opportunstes to learn are limited.To the management, scrap the stacked ranking system, make your reward scheme fairer, improve the bureaucracy
Points positifs
good work/life balance if you are lucky (dependent on your team), diverse global teams, could look good on your CV
Points négatifs
Career progression opportunities lacking, Management non-existent, Poor reward, Stacked ranking based yearly review process is very poorly executed, bureaucracy will drive you crazy
Culture d'entreprise
Pros: - The pay and benefits are good. - Work is generally 8am-5:30pm but we are often logged on until 7pm. (you do get OT if you work over 40hrs so that makes it palatable.) - My line manager is competent and is a good leader, however the executive director is not. Thankfully we don't have to interact with him on a daily basis. Cons: -The systems are so antiquated and inefficient. Everything feels like Windows 95. Things that should take 10min end up taking 30min because of the systems. -Typical huge company feel, lot's of different teams doing different things causing circles of inefficiency. Hard to get teams on the same page sometimes.
pay, benefits
Points négatifs
big company feel, systems are older than me
Culture d'entreprise
The company is good for people who want a very safe and steady career path (at least in back office roles) Most competent people that stayed on were promoted. However, the hours as you get promoted increase significantly. There is a lot of office politics and older swiss managers that have power and will keep power. It's a massive bank, so it takes a significant amount of time to make changes.
safe
full corporate
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?
Notez une entreprise où vous avez travaillé récemment
Partagez votre expérience pour aider d'autres utilisateurs.
Culture d'entreprise
Fun place to work. Work load depends on the department, I would rate UBS better then American banks as it provide a lot of flexibility for employees. Not the best pay but it comes with a job security and Culture which is hard to find.
Culture d'entreprise
UBS is overall a good place to work at as a DevOps engineer but it’s far from perfect. There are some new modern tools like GitLab, Azure Cloud and Docker/Kubernetes. They are slowly moving towards the right direction. Some of the tools are old, frustrating to use and not as initiative but still work for the most part. Work culture is very risk adverse and lots of red tape preventing creative technology changes. Management doesn’t feel like they care about employees but only just “getting the task done”. Typical day in the US is a morning filled with meetings back to back, sometimes starting at 6am due to the overlapping US and UK time zones and in the afternoon, there is time to work on your own tasks. Turnover seems to be fairly high in this company that had more contractors than full time employees. Forget about promotions unless you are an all star and everyone meaning other teams knows your name. Bonus is very low and raises are given rarely.
Points positifs
New technology, health insurance cover IVF, 20 weeks paid paternity leave, newly renovated gym and work floors (pre-COVID)
Points négatifs
Low bonuses, no raises, hard to get promoted, management that doesn’t care, high turnover
Culture d'entreprise
The management just wants you to work without caring if you have any life outside office. The hours are very long, not enough people in team which always make an issue for taking leaves. There is no management in US and it’s very much controlled from Swiss side.
Good benefits
No work/life balance
Culture d'entreprise
The company is a good place to work but needs some improvement at the management level. The perks and the food are the best thing about this organization
Culture d'entreprise
The Brand pretty much speaks for itself, well recognized and does open a lot of doors. While there is a shift in how banking is done, the firm really tries to be a trend setter in the industry.
Culture d'entreprise
open, diverse and modern work environment, with many challenges to be tackled, high collaboration across teams and functions, risk of not leading through
collaborative, agile
hierarchical, risk advsere
Culture d'entreprise
Good program that helped to network right out of college. Changes in management led to difficulties in finding the right fit. Ultimately there was a lack of clear leadership.
Culture d'entreprise
Jeżeli nie macie potrzeby mieć życia prywatnego, to firma dla Was. Nadgodziny codziennie, przez rok pracy w firmie na palcach u rąk jestem w stanie zliczyć wyjście o czasie. Ciągle narzucone dodatkowe zadania, brak organizacji, braki kadrowe, które przez firmę niechętnie są zapelniane, zdarza się zaczynać pracę przed czasem, jak i siedzieć do drugiej w nocy. Na awans również średni można liczyć. Zarobki ok, ale przy takiej ilości nadgodzin, to nic dziwnego.
Zarobki ok
Mnostwo nadgodzin, brak organizacji
Culture d'entreprise
Awful company culture... and I can't stress that enough. I got cursed and yelled at on the regular. No care for your personal wellbeing. Unfulfilling role with no company benefits.
Points négatifs
Micromanagement, no care for employee
Culture d'entreprise
I worked in in an IT software application support department. I became the regional supervisor and then the global manager after about a year and a half and was promoted to Associate Director. UBS decided they wanted to offshore support for our applications and my team was given the task of staffing and setting up a support facility in Singapore. We did it on time and within budget. We were assured that we would be taken care of once the project was done. Three weeks after the support team was set up my team and I were all laid off.IT is a cost center not a profit center. When a company wants to cut costs, naturally the cost centers go first. I get that. What bothered me was that I was assured that my team and I would be taken care of after setting up the new support center.
Points positifs
Great people. Professional environment.
Points négatifs
All about the bottom line.
Culture d'entreprise
UBS did not expect the COVID situation to last as long as it did. It creates a great internship with the little time it had to swap over to the remote.
Culture d'entreprise
Typical day of work: come in, check email, and work on either financial modeling/research or prepare materials for clientBecause groups are very pod-oriented (in PWM), I never met anyone outside of my group.
Points positifs
free food sometimes, beautiful office space/views
Culture d'entreprise
Very great place for work and develop your career
Balanced work/private life. Flexible
Culture d'entreprise
The perks of working for a bank are nice, but in Ops they simply don’t pay enough. A manager at Whole Foods makes more than most entry level employees.
Culture d'entreprise
The bank clearly lack oversight of middle managers, they trade investment banking coverage for ratings under the table and discourage collaboration. Independent analysis and thought diversity is punished. On the bright side, the cafe has good food if you can get off the desk long enough to get through the line for lunch.
Lunchtime cafe
Everything else
Culture d'entreprise
Having worked here a for several years now, I can honestly say that I would never recommend any of my friends or relatives to work for UBS despite the monetary incentives available for this. Whilst pay seems to be akin to what you might expect, most roles will kill your lifestyle balance. There are so many people off with stress, and not just for short periods, but for extended periods of time. Mistakes are rife, corners being cut and it really affects moral. Your colleagues are the best point about working there which is often said. It makes the job fun, and interesting at times. It has certainly made me think twice about leaving so far. Lots of challenges day to day which makes the job interesting and fulfilling at times. Management has their head in the clouds and are all about how they look amongst their peers across the group rather than for the client or employees. Too busy patting each other on the back, rather than actually addressing issues in their teams. Lots of mixed messenging from management. I think the management issues is result of the way Performance is measured in the company. It's based on relative performance, and not actual performance. If people leave then it is a battle to replace, as every management function is looking to cut costs. A positive is that there is a lot training and development tools available to the individual, but little or no time to take advantage due to workload and stress. Lots of opportunities to take part in volunteering locally, but again, I don't know anyone who has time to do this, so it is pointless. Offices are spacious and - plus...
Points positifs
Peers and colleagues, good opportunities if you have time to explore them, Nice workplace
Points négatifs
Pros: Work life balance is a joke, Management often do not back up what they say, Feel like things are not moving forward
  1. Avis d'employés