Logo Verizon
Verizon
3,9 étoile(s) sur 5.
Recevez de nouvelles offres d'emploi et de nouveaux avis chaque semaine !

Avis des employés pour Verizon - Ashburn, VA

Evaluer cette entreprise
Vous voyez des avis pour des postes dans la ville où vous vous trouvez (Ashburn, VA).
Ce n'est pas le lieu de votre choix ?Choisissez-en un autre.
Intitulé du poste

PertinenceNoteDate
391 avis correspondant à votre rechercheVoir les 28 908 avis

Big company

Avis à la une

L'avis le plus utile, sélectionné par Indeed
Overall good company to work for. Great benefits including yearly bonus. Nice people around you to work with. Depending on your manager, it may be micromanaging, or opposite.
Culture d'entreprise

Compensation is good, high turnover, slow growth

Compensation is good, not great, and they pay bonus but benefits are somewhat expensive. Raises are capped as there are ratings quotas enforced by HR (e.g. only one member of the group may outperform). Slow growth firm, so there isn't much room for advancement and improvements to margin typically mean layoffs.

Points positifs

Allows for some remote work, decent work/life balance, unless there's a union strike

Points négatifs

Small raises, no room for advancement
Culture d'entreprise

Good company to work for.

Good company to work for. Verizon provides tuition assistance. You can learn to build up your own experience for work or personal development.The downside of the company is like some other enterprise companies - you may not got a chance to do what you are capable to do.
Culture d'entreprise

OK company, but always walking on eggshells

while working there you were always wondering what was next. there was no clear direction at all levels and that left you wondering about your position.
Culture d'entreprise

compensation and work balance is good

compensation is competitive and work balance is good. No micro managing, have control over your time. Workload can be overwhelming depending on the projects you are working on
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Notez une entreprise où vous avez travaillé récemment

Partagez votre expérience pour aider d'autres utilisateurs.

Verizon

Verizon is a good company benefits wise and decent compensation. I worked on the core Verizon side and the Verizon Business side which is mostly former MCI people. Two different cultures to put very mildly. The VZB side has very strong good ole boy network with promotions and within management. I remember being on technical teams and they would make someone with no technical background a manager and he would be clueless and the reader of this post more helpful. The company offers tuition reimbursement for college and professional certifications.

Points positifs

Benefits, ability to learn, tuition reimbursement

Management and growth opportunities

I was there 25 years...had good managers the whole time

over the 25 years I was there I through 5 managers...4 job titles and 2 job locations. I mostly enjoyed working there..up until the day they got rid of my entire department mid contract. believe because everyone had over 20 years experience and some almost 40. They wanted cheaper people...

lots of experience

Points négatifs

Corporate sees you as a body..an overpaid body and inconvenience.

Great Company

The company is focused on customers, employees, shareholders, and society. The company provides a great need by building a reliable network that businesses and consumers can depend on.

OK place to work.

No culture. No encouragement for advancement. No belief system. Dont understand their WHY. Boring. Did not seem to welcome ideas much. Pays well. No sense of ownership.

19 mai 2020
Providing a positive work environment centered around personal growth and success is extremely important to us, so we appreciate you sharing your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to express your opinions on potential areas of improvement.
Culture d'entreprise

Productive environment, lots of moves and changes.

Verizon is one of the best companies to work for, when considering their size. The work is intense and the environment (for me) was fun and not too restrictive. I have an amazing team that works for me and I enjoy the interactions we have on a daily basis. There are lots of "places to go" in the company, BUT that's a sell they give you that doesn't materialize unless you "know someone." Herein is my complaint with companies like this. It's not "what" one knows or is capable of, but rather "who" one knows. This destroys morale for someone like me who has a documented mental disability and is not able to "network" like other people. I'm pigeon-holed into a position that I will never escape from because I'm not social. VZ is not alone in this fault, so this is not entirely a knock on them. I like my job and will keep trying my best.

Not what I expected

There are some fantastic people that work there and the salary and benefits are very good. The hardest part of the job was having to work for and with some difficult Sr. Managers who don't treat you well and can't trust. That said, it is a good company and they are a market leader.

25 mars 2020
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and bring these issues to our attention as we are always looking for areas of improvement. Ensuring that our employees are provided with a positive work environment is extremely important to us.

Unnecessary Peer Competitions

The work environment was adversarial versus collaborative and generated a lot of animosity and worry about status on the team. Management often held you to specific measures of activities, while assigning "undocumented" work which did not contribute to the monitored measures.

23 mars 2020
Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate your input and will take your insights into consideration on where we can improve.

Great benefits package

The benefits are excellent but the base income can be quite variable. A person working for several years could be earning far less than a person working for less number of years, although both are doing great work. The salary depends on how well your team is positioned within the organization and how well your manager can propagate your achievements upwards. "Actions speak for themselves" don't work that well here. If one wants to move up, one needs to speak up and convince the upper management about your value to the company. Having said the above, I did learn many technical skills, and soft skills like working across different time zones and cultures.
Culture d'entreprise

Productive and fun work place

Good company, a lot of projects.Maximum you can work there 2 years, if you contracter. Management is ok.Great, big building with a lot of infrastructure there.
Culture d'entreprise

Great company, lots of opportunities, great people and culture

Flexible work schedule, great work & life balance. Challenging work with great people. Management not always on top of things, given the large size of the company.

Excellent engineers

The engineers at Verizon are excellent. The senior engineers are very good at mentoring the newer engineers. The management is very good about providing vendor training and on the job training.
Culture d'entreprise

A very progressive company which allows you to grow with them

I loved working at Verizon. So much that I have been trying to find a full time position here as my contracts ends in April 2020. I have learned so much here in less than 2.5 years that I have not learned in my 5+ years of career in other companies. My management was excellent and I have a very interactive team. We were like a family teaching and helping each other along the way. Work environment was a perfect blend of fast paced and a touch of laid back in some area. Highly recommend this company. No wonder Verizon is the biggest and best Network company in USA!

Be on your own from day 1 if working with vendors

Be on your own from day 1 if working with vendors.No support from peers. No proper direction on deadlines. Every weekend support is expected with zero pay and no benefits.
Culture d'entreprise

Productive and fun working environment

Each day begin with stand-up meeting for 30 mins and rest of the time for application development or internal team meetings. Learned the complex application structure and how to do communication between JAVA and C++. Very supportive management and fun working environment with team.
Culture d'entreprise

Great company, good management, deep pockets

Good company with excellent technology, good management, excellent budget for new project and processes. They are on an acquisition spree and that can be a bit disruptive

Productive place

The work culture is mixture of all cultures from all continents, religion, race and countries. Management is strict over compliance of system and remediation of vulns
Avez-vous trouvé cet avis utile ?

Vous souhaitez en savoir plus sur le travail dans cette entreprise ?

Posez une question au sujet du travail chez Verizon ou de leurs entretiens d'embauche. Notre communauté est prête à vous répondre.Poser une question

Note globale